Despite what people may think or say about email marketing, one fact remains true: It's highly profitable. "Email averages a return on investment (ROI) of $40 for every $1 spent, far outstripping banner ads ($2) and keyword ads ($17)," writes Eric Didier in an article at MarketingProfs. So don't assume your good ROI can't get even better. We can help you take that next step!
You can improve results by enhancing efforts in these three areas:
Deliverability: A recent study suggests that 20% of marketing messages never even reach an intended recipient's inbox. To keep your deliverability rates up, strive to:
• Reduce complaints with relevant content, preference centers, and prominent unsubscribe options.
• Evade content filters by not using "spammy" terminology.
• Set up seed lists—your own accounts at top domains—to confirm that messages are being delivered.
Behavioral targeting: "Marketers who use behavioral targeting to send emails (or, better yet, to trigger automatic emails) achieve hefty gains in revenue per email sent," Didier notes. You can:
• Recommend complementary items based on past purchases.
• Reignite interest or request feedback when a customer abandons a cart.
• Send loyalty offers to subscribers who most frequently open your messages.
Acquisition campaigns: Building your list should be a top priority.
• Focus your efforts on potential subscribers who are likely to be interested in your product or service.
• Offer something of value, whether a discount or coveted insights.
• Show respect—to prospects, subscribers, and your own brand!
So remember, it ain't fancy, but it works. Help your marketing efforts achieve maximum ROI with a fully enhanced email marketing program. Source: